Tickles My Feathers
Humans have a thing for us birds,
Wanting to know secrets we keep.
A peahen, I don't say the words
How human act. I just say 'bleep.'
Humans fitted me with hi tech
To see how I see a peacock.
I play along - oh what the heck!
If I don't do it, they'll just squawk.
The peacock puts on quite a show,
Rattles feathers to catch my eye.
I'm out for some fun - doncha know!
No rush to hitch up with one guy.
The fans flair out as peacocks strip,
Best place a gal can stick a tip.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tickles My Feathers by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Woman's right to her child, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Which make one's beauty?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Independence Day of India 2014 (in acros.., Dr John Celes
- Bitter-Sweet Memories, Matthias Pantaleon
- Friend 2, Neela Nath
- Romantic Love, The Princess
- So move, hasmukh amathalal
- His Face, Heather Jephcott
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola