Tickles My Feathers
Humans have a thing for us birds,
Wanting to know secrets we keep.
A peahen, I don't say the words
How human act. I just say 'bleep.'
Humans fitted me with hi tech
To see how I see a peacock.
I play along - oh what the heck!
If I don't do it, they'll just squawk.
The peacock puts on quite a show,
Rattles feathers to catch my eye.
I'm out for some fun - doncha know!
No rush to hitch up with one guy.
The fans flair out as peacocks strip,
Best place a gal can stick a tip.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tickles My Feathers by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Love To Motherland, Bulat Okudzhava
- Pastimes Of Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Think tank, gajanan mishra
- Be thankfull, obed obser
- My Generation, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Midnight Trolley Bus, Bulat Okudzhava
- Now Falling, Bulat Okudzhava
- Oh, You, Fancies, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Little Song, Bulat Okudzhava
- Exploring Inner Oceans, RoseAnn V. Shawiak