delilah contrapunctal.... yes, that's how I intended to spell it.........
tiny teeth keep clicking.....
down each alley, street and byway....
not that loud....no clanging clatter, so it shouldn't really matter
that they stay with me, haunt my way...
still they're here...remaining, sticking....
I run, or skip and dash...hide, ignore the signal's flash...
...there's the path...I'm nearly home...
but...there's no outwitting; sitting
on the piano, licking Chopin...fingers stalwart...never gropin'...
...I've not escaped....
there....in the gloam
.....is the %$*@! Metro-Gnome
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (......those by delilah contrapunctal.... yes, that's how I intended to spell it......... )
- Burning Up, Arno Le Roux
- A Warm Hand, Arno Le Roux
- The Hug, Arno Le Roux
- Make, Aparna Chatterjee
- Banking For Keeps, Arno Le Roux
- Fibonacci: Hope, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Dance To The Song Of My Heart, Arno Le Roux
- Wake Up If You Can, Arno Le Roux
- Painters Of Love, Arno Le Roux
- When you said, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Hedgehog, Paul Muldoon
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1679 - 1718)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Maithili Sharan Gupt
(3 August 1886 – 12 December 1964)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 April 1932 - 20 December 2000)