delilah contrapunctal.... yes, that's how I intended to spell it.........
tiny teeth keep clicking.....
down each alley, street and byway....
not that loud....no clanging clatter, so it shouldn't really matter
that they stay with me, haunt my way...
still they're here...remaining, sticking....
I run, or skip and dash...hide, ignore the signal's flash...
...there's the path...I'm nearly home...
but...there's no outwitting; sitting
on the piano, licking Chopin...fingers stalwart...never gropin'...
...I've not escaped....
there....in the gloam
.....is the %$*@! Metro-Gnome
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (......those by delilah contrapunctal.... yes, that's how I intended to spell it......... )
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
- When Will I Wake, Anirudh Rawat
- Silencio en ingles, Donnie Wolff
- Our Lewd Obscene and Vulgar Episodes, Hamid Vitalis
- Life, Anirudh Rawat
- If You Stop Loving Me, Fatima Nusairat
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Someday, Ryan Telebwe
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)