The Wife Is Bound By The Law As Long As Her Husband Liveth (Bible)
1 CORINTHIANS 7: 10-11
And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife
1 CORINTHIANS 7: 39
The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.
ROMANS 7: 2-3
For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
***Mark 10: 1-12, Luke 16: 18;
Eph 5: 22,28,33, Col 3: 18-19
Poet Other Poems
- * And Have Not Charity (sp)
- * Not On The Outward Appearance (sp.)
- ...And Have Not Charity, I Am Nothing (s...
- A Good Tree, A Corrupt Tree (Bible)
- A New Creature (Bible)
- A Prayer (obedience)
- A Watchman (Bible)
- All Ye Meek Of The Earth...It may be ye ...
- Am I Really Saved? (spiritual)
- Am I really This Wicked? (spiritual)
- And Have Not Charity, I Am Nothing (spir...
- And In The Remnant Whom The LORD Shall C...
- And what I say unto you I say unto all, ...
- Be not thou therefore ashamed of the tes...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord (Bible) by Mo... )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley