The Way It Is!
Afraid To Face The World
You may be the one to help redeem my spirit
For you seem so incredibly inspiring.
Anything I create I destroy
Save me from destroying myself
Oh potential Muse
A wild vision I can't ignore
A wild shade of cherry red
Embrace my mind
And I will embrace your soul
Despair is the key to failure
And with you I cannot fail
And with you I cannot lose
Let our imaginations bind together
Let us make something magical happen
I want to kiss you with my chain of philosophies
Philosophies that are rational within reasoning
For I haven't been rational lately
I am afraid to face the world
For why is the world so judgmental
When one is at their lowest?
So many times I have fallen apart
Irrational circumstances bring major reactions
Come to my rescue oh potential Muse
Drive me wild
Give me strength
Touch me with your provocative appeal...
Do you feel?
Do you feel a little bit of attraction between us?
This is so wildly tragic I can't explain
I shall die a little...
A moment of bliss.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rationality Is Way Over-Rated!
Every true poet is my muse. Their poems,
The cannon fodder of dreams exploded,
(Feed me a dark crow) , even if they walk
With only one leg, or have to be carried
In the arms of, on the back of a friend.
Even if they have forgotten their purpose,
And only in fleeting lucid moments,
Remember their days as a poet,
Who could make sunshine last forever,
A mere smile into Christ’s death on the cross,
I swear to God I will love him/her till death.
And you, you blackguard of Hell’s gate,
This is your punishment, God’s justice.
I bite off your head and spit the bitterness out.
I drink the warm blood of your still flapping body,
A flagon of the sweetest wine at a wedding feast,
My white shirt now bright red with your blood.
In your days of merciless flight, did you ever dream
That your death would bring such pleasure? !
Oh let me till death bring fear to the black heart
Who cannot distinguish me from its next victim,
Just by knowing I await you too, like Dexter. (1)
And you, heart of every poet, dare to dream
Of an absence of crows in blue skies
For this is God’s Grace that awaits you.
Embrace the irrational, for the joy it brings,
We are truly the children of God.
In its time, what is low will be lifted up.
God is real and His Love is your reward,
Be your words without rhythm or rhyme,
For your words are the words of a poet.
And I do feel (though I am old and getting older) ,
You have a well earned place in my heart.
Rage with Dylan ‘against the dying of the light, ’
Like a child rest your head on my thigh,
Rationality is way over-rated,
Just open your heart to my poem and you’ll see.
Brian Johnston's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
A new Echo Poem for your reading pleasure. Much thanks to Beauteous Victory for her permission to publish the two poems together. She makes me feel like Prince Igor in the presence of Stravinski's Firebird (the symphonic ballet) holding the gift of a magical feather in my hand. I swear, I am ready to make an omelet, willing to do battle with demons! : -)
(1) 'Dexter' is a recently completed superb black humor American television series about a severely traumatized young (4 year old) boy who witnesses his own mother's execution by chain saw and is raised by the policeman who found him covered in his mother's blood. He is loved by his adopted father who recognizes the murderous tendencies of his adopted child and tries to channel them with a code, 'Kill if you must, but never an innocent. Only kill truly evil people.' Which Dexter does for 7 seasons, working as a blood spatter analyst for the police department, which puts him in contact with many murderers of innocents who somehow manage to escape justice (if not Dexter) . Loved that show! Highly recommend it!
Attention Readers: Recent poems have been singled out by apparent malcontent(s) on PoemHunter's Web Site as being unworthy of your attention by giving them multiple 1.0 votes to lower their rating and to thereby discourage your readership. If you think this poem worthy of your attention, I would appreciate any comments you feel moved to make and attach your name to, though I think it is highly unlikely that the jerk(s) involved will ever be shamed into silence. May the voice of moderation and appreciation for good poetry prevail over that of critics without honor! Thanks!
Comments about this poem (The Way It Is! by Brian Johnston )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- teaching my baby girls, Jason Callender
- The Absorption(মগ্নতা), Bhaskar Rabha
- To My Daughters, Jason Callender
- Summer's Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- All Those Ancient Trees Sorrounded Home, Albert Martin
- Rebel with a Cause, Deborah Dalton
- Shroud Of Smile, Rex mayor Ubini
- You, Jacob macharia
- नायहरदोँ आं गसंनानै, Ronjoy Brahma
- Until I See You Again, Lilly Emery