The Sharpest Claw
There's a life beyond the reason of my being
There's a night beyond this feeling
That in the morning day, it brings a purple story
Full of empty, endless, human glory
Which I've seen so many times
With my empty, loveless, eyes.
It is the story that flows into my veins
Instead of blood and makes my heart to see its rains.
'There's a new beginning in every drop' says my friend, the white raven.
'But I can't see the end of me' - I'm whispering into his wind.
'Your end? Is every note of a wordless symphony
Written inside the beautiful mind of the eternity.
'So, all you have to see is the flesh of harmony
Even though you'll have to bear inside your soul
My sharpest and my purple claw.'
Then, the great silence came into my bones
And I felt his wings winding through the reason of my being.
Cristian Carcu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sharpest Claw by Cristian Carcu )
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Li Ching Chao
(1084 - 1151)
- Heather Burns