The Sharpest Claw
There's a life beyond the reason of my being
There's a night beyond this feeling
That in the morning day, it brings a purple story
Full of empty, endless, human glory
Which I've seen so many times
With my empty, loveless, eyes.
It is the story that flows into my veins
Instead of blood and makes my heart to see its rains.
'There's a new beginning in every drop' says my friend, the white raven.
'But I can't see the end of me' - I'm whispering into his wind.
'Your end? Is every note of a wordless symphony
Written inside the beautiful mind of the eternity.
'So, all you have to see is the flesh of harmony
Even though you'll have to bear inside your soul
My sharpest and my purple claw.'
Then, the great silence came into my bones
And I felt his wings winding through the reason of my being.
Cristian Carcu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sharpest Claw by Cristian Carcu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Public opinion on peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- BEWILDERED CONFUSED, Michael P. Johnson
- love as a natural disaster that can't be.., Hyeladai kwapaya
- बहा आंनि मिनिनाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- A few, very few, too few..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Aching Bad, Michael P. McParland
- Essence of world peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- love heals, Hyeladai kwapaya
- Republic day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Heart of a Broken Hearted Girl, Serenity Anderson