The Sharpest Claw
There's a life beyond the reason of my being
There's a night beyond this feeling
That in the morning day, it brings a purple story
Full of empty, endless, human glory
Which I've seen so many times
With my empty, loveless, eyes.
It is the story that flows into my veins
Instead of blood and makes my heart to see its rains.
'There's a new beginning in every drop' says my friend, the white raven.
'But I can't see the end of me' - I'm whispering into his wind.
'Your end? Is every note of a wordless symphony
Written inside the beautiful mind of the eternity.
'So, all you have to see is the flesh of harmony
Even though you'll have to bear inside your soul
My sharpest and my purple claw.'
Then, the great silence came into my bones
And I felt his wings winding through the reason of my being.
Cristian Carcu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sharpest Claw by Cristian Carcu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- The Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- Absence, Neela Nath
- Not Knowing What Might Have Been, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The rising, gajanan mishra
- Flowing Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Cooling Water, Vera Sidhwa
- May I be allowed, gajanan mishra
- The Green Days, Nhuan LeXuan