IT was the House of Quietness
To which I came at dusk;
The garth was lit with roses
And heavy with their musk.
The tremulous tall poplar trees
Stood whispering around,
The gentle flicker of their plumes
More quiet than no sound.
And as I wondered at the door
What magic might be there,
The Lady of Sweet Silences
Came softly down the stair.
Christopher Morley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Secret by Christopher Morley )
- Holy! Holy!, Naveed Khalid
- 74, Naveed Khalid
- Femme Fatale, Naveed Khalid
- LIFE IS CLOUDY, BUT THERE WILL BE NO RAINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Qytetit tim, skender iljaz braka
- While my eyes delight at you, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI