Glasses wiped, plated stacked.
The last guest has left early
and it is only ten thirty.
I slowly walk out of the restaurant,
tale a stroll and
end up in a park.
I sit on a bench
beside the tree.
Slowly I fell relaxed as if
all day like strings of a musical instrument
I have played and now I let loose.
as if by some
shoots, branches, leaves
come out of me.
subhadip bhattacharya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Restaurant by subhadip bhattacharya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Brand New Love (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Good-bye Windows XP, Roy Blokker
- Realy enjoying THAT 'last slice' - OF B.., sEaN nOrTh
- Brain Freeze, Ronald Chapman
- Writers block in July, Matthew Holloway
- Birds Flying High, Ronald Chapman
- August 1914, John F. McCullagh
- Between the Lines (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Quiet Pretty Flower, White Lily
- Best of Three Worlds, Ronald Chapman