The Night Watchman
'Wifey', cried the owl
Serene is thy howl
You're the best singer in town
He added with a frown
The cacophony of your screeches
reverberate in the branches
Thy shrill cry, what an ecstatic delight!
pierces the silence of the night
The rise and fall, what finesse!
Oh! makes me grimace
Thy loud resonance
Thy moonlike face, my owly
is simply lovely
Thy screeching howl
Gives sleepless nights to a sleepy owl!
Dorothy Sinha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Night Watchman by Dorothy Sinha )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- How Suicide Works, C Jay Caputo
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary