Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu
The Miserable Love
When i think about it all
The struggle to be happy
To be loved.
Finding that perfect companion
More i see
It's all an elusive mirage.
I realise i have never been in love
I have been wrongfully decieved
By my self.
So desperate for anything
I see love in every crack
My quest for love
My needs for warmth
It's been all a colossal err.
Endlessly still i search
A terminal desperation for perfection
But the light never shone.
Now am exhusted
Like unto a burnt out waxed wick.
Battered by the winds
Shall i stop to hope
Shall love allas be my embrace?
Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Miserable Love by Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poetic styles, Somanathan Iyer
- Unknown Cat, Somanathan Iyer
- Around us, Somanathan Iyer
- Don't ask certain people what food you h.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Empty Cartridge, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Your Love, abigail sikwenda
- The Missing Feeling, abigail sikwenda
- Lights Off, abigail sikwenda
- Situationships, abigail sikwenda
- Kind leaning, hasmukh amathalal