Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu
The Miserable Love
When i think about it all
The struggle to be happy
To be loved.
Finding that perfect companion
More i see
It's all an elusive mirage.
I realise i have never been in love
I have been wrongfully decieved
By my self.
So desperate for anything
I see love in every crack
My quest for love
My needs for warmth
It's been all a colossal err.
Endlessly still i search
A terminal desperation for perfection
But the light never shone.
Now am exhusted
Like unto a burnt out waxed wick.
Battered by the winds
Shall i stop to hope
Shall love allas be my embrace?
Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Miserable Love by Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu )
- WHY DID YOU COME THEN, kunjubi varghese
- Remembering J.K.2, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Pure world, gajanan mishra
- Destruction, Suresh Dogra
- CLOUDS, Orlando Belo
- The Masked Man, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Night Is Young, Katherine Nordhaus
- You are seen clearly (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Remembering J.K, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Courting!, RAJESH.C BOSE
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- November, Thomas Hood
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)