THE MISDEEDS OF MAN
There are two worlds, this one and the next
Man’s is deceptive, temporary and full of blame.
God’s is permanent, loving, truthful and complete
Free of hate, lust, war, greed and shame.
Our bodies belong to this world and die
Our souls come from God’s and return.
Virtue is knowledge of what is right or wrong
As the lessons of lifetime we learn.
Humans are disorderly, wasteful and corrupt
All are guilty of the ignorance of sin.
The worst crimes practiced on Earth today
Are the sadistic deeds committed by men.
History persist but nothing has changed
The world we live in is more dangerous than before.
Most people never know the true facts or answers
They just follow the leaders they fear or adore.
The falsehoods of politics shadow man’s soul
Testing our faith, temperament and resolve.
Real heroes defend, liberate and unite
Facing problems with a mandate to solve.
For the shepherds of the free I pray for your wisdom
To deal with America’s enemies and tribulations at hand.
Man’s world is God’s boot camp of divine worth
As the misdeeds of man crisscross the land.
Tom's 601 Poems Are Free To Share!
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
THANK YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE IN YOUR HEART = tom!
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE MISDEEDS OF MAN by Tom Zart )
- Rescue the Poor Eves!, Dr John Celes
- Extend hand at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Memory, Benhardi Dicka
- Canoeing, Doyen Lingua
- Like child, hasmukh amathalal
- Her Saturday Ritual, Arno Le Roux
- Loving Across Seasons, Arno Le Roux
- I wish to be earthen lamp, Aftab Alam
- The Business Of Life, Arno Le Roux
- Adaptation, maria sudibyo
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)