THE MAN IN THE MIRROR
Fires ablaze within his abated eyes,
A smile concealing all his lies,
Screaming, begging, calling out,
A final, frantic, desperate shout.
Scarlet tears drip from each vein,
a vehemet covet to end his pain,
This silver blade stays by his side,
Because all hope inside has died.
As each day ends, and darkness draws,
The Devil toys with all his flaws,
helpless, alone, a worthless mess,
A broken child he must address.
I'm tempted when he calls his name,
A way out, an escape an end to shame,
To make it feel a lot less real,
A deal with the Devil, in blood he must seal.
They'll say he died of suicide,
But no one knows how much they've lied,
It wasn't a rope, a blade or pills,
That broke his soul and gave him chills.
He died inside to long before,
To live each day, an endless chore,
Pills could not kill what was already dead,
A twisted soul, an empty head.
In darkness he wait, in silence, alone,
Rose-tinted nostalgia, all around him has grown.
He beckon the Devil with the key of self-harm,
And I open the door for him with the blood of my arm.
Stanley Oguh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE MAN IN THE MIRROR by Stanley Oguh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Undiminished, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Finish This List Of Chores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Good circle, hasmukh amathalal
- Live with this moment, gajanan mishra
- The loss may be, hasmukh amathalal
- Stay free from desires, gajanan mishra
- G O P....Profiling - The Black Republican, James B. Earley
- Destroy not, gajanan mishra
- I Have Friends, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Leave It As That, Lawrence S. Pertillar