The Harvest Of The Sea
The earth grows white with harvest; all day long
The sickles gleam, until the darkness weaves
Her web of silence o'er the thankful song
Of reapers bringing home the golden sheaves.
The wave tops whiten on the sea fields drear,
And men go forth at haggard dawn to reap;
But ever 'mid the gleaners' song we hear
The half-hushed sobbing of the hearts that weep.
John McCrae's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Harvest Of The Sea by John McCrae )
- Newton's Sleep, Naveed Khalid
- Isle Of Man, Naveed Khalid
- Daylight Sunrises, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Painting The Sky, Naveed Khalid
- Arrow, Naveed Khalid
- Element Of Surprise, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Spanish Romance, Pride and Passion, Sandra Feldman
- As I Climb Higher, Abekah Emmanuel
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid