THE GIFT OF CREATIVITY
Seeds lie in their bed of packaged paper,
seemingly like bodies in a coffin, dead,
waiting for a resurrection when planted
into the warm earth with springs
rain and warm sunshine appear.
Reminds me of the bears in hibernation,
sleeping but awaiting their wake up call,
rousing out of a snoring long winter
to baby cubs being birthed and discovering
a new world for them to live in..
So it is by faith, the faith that worketh by love
our hearts never stop wondering;
the urge to create that our creator Himself
gave us of His very nature, to plant the seeds
of our imagination, with our paint brush,
our hands, our minds, our quill
to bring forth beauty for the beholders of our world.
Truly, love cannot work without faith,
and faith cannot work without love!
The love that propels us on the journey
to bring forth truth and magnificence that enriches the soul.
Just as mankind wants to perpetuate
their kind with descendants, so our hearts
want to create and fashion artistic
marvels that continue on after we are gone...
Creativity is love, and love truly is creativity!
Stanley Oguh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE GIFT OF CREATIVITY by Stanley Oguh )
- In my heart - you are, gajanan mishra
- 9 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 2 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 31 July 2014, Shri R Brahma
- It's October 1st. Did you pay your mortg.., Jena Crowe
- Princess Diana, Sonia Ode Lucci
- Revolution, Revolution, Revolu -, Romella Kitchens
- हमें आपके लिए.. hame aapke liye, hasmukh amathalal
- Dusky Day in Dallas, michael walker
- Mom, Barbara Dixion
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)