My words are ended.
The Noté plant is severed.
"How art thou severed, O Noté? "
"Why didst the cow eat? "
"Why dost thou eat, O Cow? "
"Why didst the shepherd not graze me? "
"Why dost thou not graze, O Shepherd? "
"Why didst the wife not serve rice? "
"Why dost thou not serve rice, O Wife? "
"Why didst the banana plant not shed a platter? "
"Why dost thou not shed a platter, O Banana plant? "
"Why didst the rain not water? "
"Why dost thou not water, O Rain? "
"Why didst the frog not croak? "
"Why dost thou not croak, O Frog? "
"Why didst the snake gobble? "
"Why dost thou gobble, O Snake? "
"Shan't I gobble up my tangy tasty treasure! ! ! ?
Shan't I slither to my snory snorty slumber! ! ! ? "
*This poem is a free translation of a famous Bengali folk poem ‘Phuralo'
Sutapa Chaudhuri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Finale by Sutapa Chaudhuri )
- Sliding Into Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nervous Self, You, Lucas Pate
- I Indulge, michael walkerjohn
- Basukinath Temple of Lord Shiva, umaprosad das
- Love Travelling Or The Travellers In Lov.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Never Leave You, Michael McParland
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- Save The Girl Child, Bijay Kant Dubey
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- women,, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- GREATNESS OF MOTHER, P.YASWANTH REDDY
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)