My words are ended.
The Noté plant is severed.
"How art thou severed, O Noté? "
"Why didst the cow eat? "
"Why dost thou eat, O Cow? "
"Why didst the shepherd not graze me? "
"Why dost thou not graze, O Shepherd? "
"Why didst the wife not serve rice? "
"Why dost thou not serve rice, O Wife? "
"Why didst the banana plant not shed a platter? "
"Why dost thou not shed a platter, O Banana plant? "
"Why didst the rain not water? "
"Why dost thou not water, O Rain? "
"Why didst the frog not croak? "
"Why dost thou not croak, O Frog? "
"Why didst the snake gobble? "
"Why dost thou gobble, O Snake? "
"Shan't I gobble up my tangy tasty treasure! ! ! ?
Shan't I slither to my snory snorty slumber! ! ! ? "
*This poem is a free translation of a famous Bengali folk poem ‘Phuralo'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Finale by Sutapa Chaudhuri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Let us not fail, hasmukh amathalal
- Friendship, Luo Zhihai
- Ang Mulugkhw, Swrji Basumatary
- Hounds, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- Decide and follow, hasmukh amathalal
- If luck ends, hasmukh amathalal
- Love grants, hasmukh amathalal
- Figure out, hasmukh amathalal
- For our crimes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lone In The Jungle., Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..