My words are ended.
The Noté plant is severed.
"How art thou severed, O Noté? "
"Why didst the cow eat? "
"Why dost thou eat, O Cow? "
"Why didst the shepherd not graze me? "
"Why dost thou not graze, O Shepherd? "
"Why didst the wife not serve rice? "
"Why dost thou not serve rice, O Wife? "
"Why didst the banana plant not shed a platter? "
"Why dost thou not shed a platter, O Banana plant? "
"Why didst the rain not water? "
"Why dost thou not water, O Rain? "
"Why didst the frog not croak? "
"Why dost thou not croak, O Frog? "
"Why didst the snake gobble? "
"Why dost thou gobble, O Snake? "
"Shan't I gobble up my tangy tasty treasure! ! ! ?
Shan't I slither to my snory snorty slumber! ! ! ? "
*This poem is a free translation of a famous Bengali folk poem ‘Phuralo'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Finale by Sutapa Chaudhuri )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
Poem of the Day
- Secularism in true sense, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mark o Connor's ballad of a man from sno.., Juwon Daniel
- you need to know: (, Manauwer Raza
- Solitary song, gajanan mishra
- To Sleep I Go, Michael P. McParland
- Beneath The Joy, Margaret Moran
- This funny thing called Snow, Angell Afinowi
- One Last Chance, Abby Bilan
- Love Note 9, Michael P. McParland
- Lamentation of the Weak, Abby Bilan