Out of rage he rose to smite his brother.
What strength lie your arms?
He is but slave to foolish rulership,
what power have you? I asked?
Out of rage he stared at me
as of one having power of armageddon.
We're all but men lost in the battles of life.
Your brother who is to be strength to your arms
You built your doom,
you've broken your defences,
your woe is upon you!
Can you hear the cold whispers of the wind?
Can you hear the screaming of your brother
from the shallow grave where you buried him?
Behold your foes are come upon you!
Today you shall visit your brother,
you will embrace the path you forced him to lay down.
You will be made even with your brother!
The misery arms with which you smote your brother
is come upon you!
He screamed for mercy,
but to deaf ears heard!
The arms of misery was upon him.
And his end crawled to him
and was swallowed up.
By the works of his hand
the location of his destination was built for Him.
micheal john's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Even by micheal john )
- we are free to follow their rules. Is th.., jannella aryton
- Soul Sighter, michael walkerjohn
- I Don't Want To Be but I want to., Menkato Awomi
- Treasure Island, Akhtar Jawad
- I Love You- -II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- My Wishes, Yasmin Rubayo
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow