The Earth's Closing Eye
I sit on the sands on the breath of the night
amidst the sea birds that are scattered in flight
and what to behold, to my eye's delight,
but a beauty of nature in the twilight.
While the scorn of the world has torn it apart,
the voice of the ocean speaks to my heart.
It moves me, it fills me, to softly impart
that natural peace is a soothing art.
Deep on the scene, where the earth meets the sky,
shines the gold iris of the earth's closing eye.
As, breathless, I gaze: The moment is nigh
that the light will be low, and my spirit be high!
Gone is the day now, behind the blue sea
but with me is marvel of what came to be!
This day has, forever, inspired in me
serenity, peace, and a soul that is free!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Earth's Closing Eye by Chris Schleier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her pride and honor, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -47, Ronjoy Brahma
- Blood Of Innocence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Carbon and Life, douglas scotney
- Good-night love, good morning too, Mandolyn ...
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -46, Ronjoy Brahma
- She brings me the greatest kind of delig.., Gert Strydom
- Metallurgy, Gert Strydom
- Stolen Heart, Seyi Rufus Oluwadare