Chris Schleier, Jr.
The Earth's Closing Eye
I sit on the sands on the breath of the night
amidst the sea birds that are scattered in flight
and what to behold, to my eye's delight,
but a beauty of nature in the twilight.
While the scorn of the world has torn it apart,
the voice of the ocean speaks to my heart.
It moves me, it fills me, to softly impart
that natural peace is a soothing art.
Deep on the scene, where the earth meets the sky,
shines the gold iris of the earth's closing eye.
As, breathless, I gaze: The moment is nigh
that the light will be low, and my spirit be high!
Gone is the day now, behind the blue sea
but with me is marvel of what came to be!
This day has, forever, inspired in me
serenity, peace, and a soul that is free!
Chris Schleier, Jr.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Earth's Closing Eye by Chris Schleier, Jr. )
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra