The Earth's Closing Eye
I sit on the sands on the breath of the night
amidst the sea birds that are scattered in flight
and what to behold, to my eye's delight,
but a beauty of nature in the twilight.
While the scorn of the world has torn it apart,
the voice of the ocean speaks to my heart.
It moves me, it fills me, to softly impart
that natural peace is a soothing art.
Deep on the scene, where the earth meets the sky,
shines the gold iris of the earth's closing eye.
As, breathless, I gaze: The moment is nigh
that the light will be low, and my spirit be high!
Gone is the day now, behind the blue sea
but with me is marvel of what came to be!
This day has, forever, inspired in me
serenity, peace, and a soul that is free!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Earth's Closing Eye by Chris Schleier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mathematical Formulation, Susan Lacovara
- Its been long, Komal Kapoor
- एक माँ की उम्मीद (Expectation of a Mother), Pawan Kumar Bharti
- Who Will They Put In Charge Of Vanishing.., mary douglas
- Low Resistance, Susan Lacovara
- If There Ever Was,, Bill Cantrell
- Fireworks, Shruti Goswami
- Rainbow disappear, hasmukh amathalal
- You say, Shruti Goswami
- I am civilized, Shruti Goswami