The dead claims more entourage
Life is like a river that never flows backward,
The grasp of death cold fingers can‘t rewind its course.
Darkness looms, yet the people never take caution,
Common caution to count their days in soberness.
My elegy - cannot reclaim the vanished souls!
Ah! dark was that day when the sunshine state turns red.
My heart stumbled when the news daggered into the air.
The news of the sympathizers becoming sympathizees,
And the dead dieing more on its way to the cementry,
Claiming a score of unnotified closed ties.
My elegy, can never turn the river to flow backward.
Meshack Dasco's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The dead claims more entourage by Meshack Dasco )
- 'My Persuasion' Over 'Her Coyness'., Prabhat Priyadarshi
- rain, Erin Daly
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- City That Does Not Sleep, Federico García Lorca
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
Robert Laurence Binyon
- Laurence Overmire
(24 June 1842 - 26 December 1913)
(10 December 1824 – 18 September 1905)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Hans Christian Andersen
(2 April 1805 – 4 August 1875)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)
Victor Marie Hugo
(26 February 1802 – 22 May 1885)