The dead claims more entourage
Life is like a river that never flows backward,
The grasp of death cold fingers can‘t rewind its course.
Darkness looms, yet the people never take caution,
Common caution to count their days in soberness.
My elegy - cannot reclaim the vanished souls!
Ah! dark was that day when the sunshine state turns red.
My heart stumbled when the news daggered into the air.
The news of the sympathizers becoming sympathizees,
And the dead dieing more on its way to the cementry,
Claiming a score of unnotified closed ties.
My elegy, can never turn the river to flow backward.
Meshack Dasco's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The dead claims more entourage by Meshack Dasco )
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry