They poured trust, entangled with,
Remote memories of lust,
In cradle type recognition,
Of one who has traveled,
So far with the other,
On life's cusp.
Six decades of life could be witnessed,
Gushing from their eyes,
Playfully cherishing sameness,
Without the cheap disguise.
Sensual, caring, stroking, sharing,
Letter, word, adjective, noun,
Five across, three down.
Their prize glaring at them,
The puzzle complete,
This is their love eternal,
An afterlife's heartbeat.
Dermot McGarthy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Crossword by Dermot McGarthy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Taxi Ride, Nick krakana
- Wild night birds, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Love Children Not Glory, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Reference: my Monsignor, Emmanuel George Cefai
- We too there inside, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Best Friends, Sandra Feldman
- We too, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Loser, Rain ...
- The Girl, Not A Wife, But A Sister, A Da.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- scary ghost, lee fones