They poured trust, entangled with,
Remote memories of lust,
In cradle type recognition,
Of one who has traveled,
So far with the other,
On life's cusp.
Six decades of life could be witnessed,
Gushing from their eyes,
Playfully cherishing sameness,
Without the cheap disguise.
Sensual, caring, stroking, sharing,
Letter, word, adjective, noun,
Five across, three down.
Their prize glaring at them,
The puzzle complete,
This is their love eternal,
An afterlife's heartbeat.
Dermot McGarthy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Crossword by Dermot McGarthy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blue Octavo Haiku, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Algonquin Afterthoughts, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- After Eden, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson
- Why I never visited NZ from OZ in 1970, Keith Johnson
- Dark Lady, Keith Johnson
- Naboth's vineyard, Gert Strydom
- Those Girls, Keith Johnson