The chicken or the egg.
After travelling many places,
after reading many books.
After meeting many people,
going through customs, cultures,
and gazing at many
mountains, valleys, rivers.
The age old question came back to me.
Who came first?
The chicken or the egg?
Now I know the answer.
Depends who is asking...
If it is the chicken asking,
the egg came first.
If it is the egg asking,
the chicken came first.
As if, hopelessly if we ask,
if we have a future?
They say, look..
we have a past.
And if we ask, what is our past?
They say, look we have a future.
The first question of the world
From the second we pick up.
subhadip bhattacharya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The chicken or the egg. by subhadip bhattacharya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Chaperon, Nassy Fesharaki
- Great Warmth of a Curious Heart, B.. Alexander
- Whereabouts, B.. Alexander
- you're tall enough to ride this ride, Mandolyn ...
- Acrostic, Cheryl Griffith
- Heart, Sello Matsepe
- It Feels So Far Away This Evening..., B.. Alexander
- Neophytic Gay-Blade, Richard Thripp
- Rebel, Nassy Fesharaki
- Your Organ Donor Card, Richard Thripp