The Best Gift Ever
Christmas trees and Christmas bells
Christmas lights and all the frills.
Smiles on all the children’s faces
Special foods and yuletide graces.
Eyes aglow with anxious wonder
Of what precious presents are waiting under
The Christmas tree that smells so spicy
Where popcorn and taffy are hung so nicely.
An angel shines above the tree
To light the way for all to see
That now God’s promise is fulfilled
And in a manger lies on a Bethlehem hill.
A newborn babe on a bed of hay
Will soon take all our sins away.
What greater gift could ever there be
For us, under God’s own Christmas tree?
Moms and Dads from all around
Awaken to that gleeful sound
Of children rushing in to see
What Santa has left there for me
And there they find the very best,
By our sacrifice our children are blessed
As God sacrificed His best for us,
His Son, our Savior, His name, Jesus!
George Wootton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Best Gift Ever by George Wootton )
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis