Yehoshua Shim'onai (Sept.12,1993 / Angono, Rizal)
The Ark of Salvation: From Deluge to Deliverance
I'm forgiven and healed by an und'served favor,
Graciously accepted by the Loving Savior;
Redeemed from the enemy, I'm a slave no more
For all my chains are broken by their Conqueror.
For I would have drowned in the flood of worldliness
And would have been crushed by the waves of sinfulness
Until I was rescued by the Ark of His grace,
‘Til I was lifted up by His lovingkindness.
O the Ark of salvation, which carried me through
The brokenness and guilt to a life that is new,
You saved me from the lies and gave me what is true
And lead me with love ‘til You bring me back to You!
So I choose Your righteousness - forsake rebellion;
I choose Your lordship, O Holy and Blessed Son!
You are my Only God, my life's Only Reason,
O my Belov'd Christ, the Ark of my salvation!
Poet Other Poems
- *Tetelestai! (It Is Finished!)
- A Redemption Song
- A Repentant's Lament
- A Repentant's Prayer
- A Salvation Story (Part I & II)
- A Salvation Story (Part III & IV)
- A Salvation Story (Part V & VI)
- A Salvation Story (Part VII/The Conclusi...
- A Song of the Bride
- Backsliding (A Love Story)
- Body And Blood
- Break My Stone Heart, O God
- Ecclesiastes Of A Youth: Part 1
- Ecclesiastes Of A Youth: Part 2
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.