The Ark of Salvation: From Deluge to Deliverance
I'm forgiven and healed by an und'served favor,
Graciously accepted by the Loving Savior;
Redeemed from the enemy, I'm a slave no more
For all my chains are broken by their Conqueror.
For I would have drowned in the flood of worldliness
And would have been crushed by the waves of sinfulness
Until I was rescued by the Ark of His grace,
‘Til I was lifted up by His lovingkindness.
O the Ark of salvation, which carried me through
The brokenness and guilt to a life that is new,
You saved me from the lies and gave me what is true
And lead me with love ‘til You bring me back to You!
So I choose Your righteousness - forsake rebellion;
I choose Your lordship, O Holy and Blessed Son!
You are my Only God, my life's Only Reason,
O my Belov'd Christ, the Ark of my salvation!
Yehoshua Shim'onai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Ark of Salvation: From Deluge to Deliverance by Yehoshua Shim'onai )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Fair praises, hasmukh amathalal
- On MY Way To The Mailbox, Kyle Schlicher
- Belinda, Juan Olivarez
- My Life Will Go On, Kyle Schlicher
- Amaano (Somali), sallam yassin
- Haiku: Another Physics Haiku, Brian Johnston
- Windermere, Paul Gerard Reed
- Vijay Vishal As An Indian English Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- American Bureaucracy, Darwin Henry Beuning
- An Old Man's Review.., richard harris