Teddy- A Comma-Rich Poem II
A kept man, he's a mess, but no matter.
He's had a good life. Been to South Beach. Texas.
Glutted on table scraps, never had fleas,
Never was cold, had all his shots, has an elevator,
Central air. Watches TV on his own special bed-
He's even had a turn with the b-tches
And recently became a grandfather. What more
Can you ask for? Peticare?
The car stops. The door opens, we get out,
'Bye, James, ' I say, rifling through the mail.
'See you later, Teddy....I hope.'
Teddy, Teddy, forever holding his peace,
Who, knowing his floor, struggles bravely off, and snorts,
Wanly wagging his tail, as if to say 'Eh, bien, oui,
This too shall pass.' and again he's home-
The little, deaf dog who also has arthritis,
So content, he doesn't even know he's old.
Topic of this poem: love
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Teddy- A Comma-Rich Poem II by Morgan Michaels )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Abhangs (A Short Collection), Sant Tukaram
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- কবিতাপল্লি, Hanzala Han
- Other Guys, Amber Carr
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson
- Christmas, Titiksa Dugar
- alphabet you two bucks you drive a truck, Mandolyn ...