Teddy- A Comma-Rich Poem II
A kept man, he's a mess, but no matter.
He's had a good life. Been to South Beach. Texas.
Glutted on table scraps, never had fleas,
Never was cold, had all his shots, has an elevator,
Central air. Watches TV on his own special bed-
He's even had a turn with the b-tches
And recently became a grandfather. What more
Can you ask for? Peticare?
The car stops. The door opens, we get out,
'Bye, James, ' I say, rifling through the mail.
'See you later, Teddy....I hope.'
Teddy, Teddy, forever holding his peace,
Who, knowing his floor, struggles bravely off, and snorts,
Wanly wagging his tail, as if to say 'Eh, bien, oui,
This too shall pass.' and again he's home-
The little, deaf dog who also has arthritis,
So content, he doesn't even know he's old.
Topic of this poem: love
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Teddy- A Comma-Rich Poem II by Morgan Michaels )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Essence of world peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- love heals, Hyeladai kwapaya
- Republic day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Heart of a Broken Hearted Girl, Serenity Anderson
- PH: Life: Black On White, Brian Johnston
- Experiencing Peace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Have you lost your ways?, gajanan mishra
- Whose Fault is This?, Luo Zhihai
- Vibrations Of Spirituality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- RAFA, douglas scotney