Who is quitting dogs today? Making them their sister?
Who is stretched out by a lamppost sibling? Illuminated by ransom’s note?
I was oblivious to pettiness until I saw its first handle: obey ignorance.
Stomach decisiveness. By that, this decision... no decision.
Let it be to gain all it can in one fetter... but if it be life,
let it attempt a failed recognition.
Let its thinker be the failure. My thinker is failure,
and I want to teach it how to move in this world.
Do you be or live?
To any the other wants.
To both these words, I fail to be.
When I am, but when not...
It is, as if alive.
Edwin Torres's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Soul Story by Edwin Torres )
- Her Front Door, Randy McClave
- Thankless animal, hasmukh amathalal
- Treat Me Right, Katherine Nordhaus
- A Call to the MinuteMen, Michael Stevens
- Romeos morning serenade climb, Mark Heathcote
- Screamers, Lev Brekhman
- Bitter lament, Lev Brekhman
- Breakheart solo, Lev Brekhman
- Pygmalion, Lev Brekhman
- Be ready, Lev Brekhman
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Surfer, Judith Wright
- The Genius Of The Crowd, Charles Bukowski
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)