Songs from The Beggar’s Opera: Air X-“Thomas, I Cannot'
Polly. I like a ship in storms was tossed,
Yet afraid to put into land,
For seized in the port the vessel’s lost
Whose treasure is contraband.
The waves are laid,
My duty’s paid;
O joy beyond expression!
Thus safe ashore
I ask no more;
My all is in my possession.
John Gay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Songs from The Beggar’s Opera: Air X-“Thomas, I Cannot' by John Gay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poetic Journey, Sandra Feldman
- Start Afresh, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Am, Luc Leclaire
- PTSD, Jennifer Matthews
- The House On Mountain Peek, StarrLee Waterman
- Damaged Heart, StarrLee Waterman
- Wandering Lost Souls Homeless Outcasts, Terence G. Craddock
- one door, binod bastola
- Then and Now, John F. McCullagh
- A CELESTIAL PARTY, Romeo Della Valle