' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' SO MUCH FOR THE WEATHER FORECAST!
It was raining
in the kitchen.
said my footsteps
like never before.
It was like
The butter was swimming
in its blue bowl.
had dissolved in its.
The bread was
and was busy losing
a lot of its breadiness.
lazily floated from
the cat’s litter.
had half a sink of rain
as well as last night’s dirty dishes.
The kettle with the lid left off
had filled itself twice.
It had never rained
in the kitchen
The book left open on page 69
The mobile phone
looked like it wasn’t
having an exactly
that some kids had thrown
sat on the table
like a king on its throne.
The broken skylight
gathered around it
listening like flunkeys
The birthday cake
on the letter
Respondez s’il vous plait.
It was raining in the kitchen.
we both said
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' SO MUCH FOR THE WEATHER FORECAST! by Dónall Dempsey )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Three Wise Men, Bill Simmons
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Full recitation, hasmukh amathalal
- Dread, Leong Ming Loong
- Stars, 1000 Miles
- Drink, Smoke, Pray & Pop Pills., Tom Zart
- His Birthday, Neela Nath
- Last Night, Swrji Basumatary
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai