' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' SO MUCH FOR THE WEATHER FORECAST!
It was raining
in the kitchen.
said my footsteps
like never before.
It was like
The butter was swimming
in its blue bowl.
had dissolved in its.
The bread was
and was busy losing
a lot of its breadiness.
lazily floated from
the cat’s litter.
had half a sink of rain
as well as last night’s dirty dishes.
The kettle with the lid left off
had filled itself twice.
It had never rained
in the kitchen
The book left open on page 69
The mobile phone
looked like it wasn’t
having an exactly
that some kids had thrown
sat on the table
like a king on its throne.
The broken skylight
gathered around it
listening like flunkeys
The birthday cake
on the letter
Respondez s’il vous plait.
It was raining in the kitchen.
we both said
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' SO MUCH FOR THE WEATHER FORECAST! by Dónall Dempsey )
- Amelia, My Brother's Cat, Deborah Eker
- First Trimester, Donal Mahoney
- erotic terminology, lee fones
- The place of defeat, Terry Mitchison
- Father: Every Morning of His Life, Donal Mahoney
- Winter here الشتاء هنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Inference to All Our Years of Walk, N.K. Trevor
- A Sunny Day, Deborah Eker
- A Rainy Day, Deborah Eker
- The Rabbit With The Habit, Deborah Eker
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)