' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' SO MUCH FOR THE WEATHER FORECAST!
It was raining
in the kitchen.
said my footsteps
like never before.
It was like
The butter was swimming
in its blue bowl.
had dissolved in its.
The bread was
and was busy losing
a lot of its breadiness.
lazily floated from
the cat’s litter.
had half a sink of rain
as well as last night’s dirty dishes.
The kettle with the lid left off
had filled itself twice.
It had never rained
in the kitchen
The book left open on page 69
The mobile phone
looked like it wasn’t
having an exactly
that some kids had thrown
sat on the table
like a king on its throne.
The broken skylight
gathered around it
listening like flunkeys
The birthday cake
on the letter
Respondez s’il vous plait.
It was raining in the kitchen.
we both said
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' SO MUCH FOR THE WEATHER FORECAST! by Dónall Dempsey )
- The Allen Chronicles, Romella Kitchens
- My eyes, Cee Bea
- E-rated poemier-all us, Elvis Airohi
- April Woman, Salma Jayyusi
- The Ship of Love, Salma Jayyusi
- Censorious Ignorance, michael walkerjohn
- Ludio ludius Lego, michael walkerjohn
- Right to exist, hasmukh amathalal
- Dead Leaves, David Lacey
- Brookstones, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Andrew Barton Paterson
(17 February 1864 – 5 February 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)