So Many Look Up To The Wealthy
Why so many respect oil barons and mining magnates
Is something I could never understand
When these people only take from Mother Nature
They foul her oceans and pollute her land.
Because of them marine and land life becoming rarer
And species becoming extinct every day
For interfering with the environment
There has to be a price as such to pay.
So many wildborn creatures near extinction
And animals and birds becoming rare
Due to deforestation and mining and oil drilling
And far too few for Nature seem to care.
So many look up to the wealthy tycoons
But somehow they do not seem to realize
That they rob Mother Nature of her beauty
Pollute the land and seas and smog the skies.
Some have become billionaires out of stealing from Mother Nature
And a most luxurious lifestyle they enjoy
Still because of them the Planet all the poorer
They pollute the land and sea and smog the sky.
Those who look up to those who defile Nature
Perhaps somehow don't seem to understand
That because of them Planet Earth all the poorer
Since they pollute the ocean and the land.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (So Many Look Up To The Wealthy by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- You're Making This Too Easy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I need you., Tyler Anhorn
- Cosmic soul., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- What's up, dude..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Automatic Weaponry...And Kids….Ain't Chi.., James B. Earley
- I'll pray you never run away, Mark Heathcote
- See and please come, gajanan mishra
- The Wind, Sara Militello
- Death.. My Ultimate Inspiration, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Further Trivializing Their Quick To Get .., Lawrence S. Pertillar