I thought I would marry him, but I'm not.
I thought they would understand, but they don't
Im sorry, but I can't live like this any longer.
I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't talk.
All I can do is stare into a daze, seeing something that's not there and thinking of something that was never real.
Worst of all, I dream of things that will never come true.
Impossibilities run through my unrealistic mind night and day,
Fooling me into believing something ridiculous would happen.
How stupid I am, was, and always will be. Until today.
Today i sleep.
Amber Carreon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleep by Amber Carreon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Tomorrow I, Sadiqullah Khan
- Elegy To A Gypsy Lass, richard harris
- Firewater, Sadiqullah Khan
- Multiplied By Each Mind, Margaret Alice Second
- de reporter, co the skipper
- Knock the Door Down, Sadiqullah Khan
- Trails Of Love, Lilly Emery
- The Scars, Sadiqullah Khan
- Much Grief, Sadiqullah Khan
- Coffee Republic, Sadiqullah Khan