I thought I would marry him, but I'm not.
I thought they would understand, but they don't
Im sorry, but I can't live like this any longer.
I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't talk.
All I can do is stare into a daze, seeing something that's not there and thinking of something that was never real.
Worst of all, I dream of things that will never come true.
Impossibilities run through my unrealistic mind night and day,
Fooling me into believing something ridiculous would happen.
How stupid I am, was, and always will be. Until today.
Today i sleep.
Amber Carreon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleep by Amber Carreon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Aladdin's Lamp, Aftab Alam
- Time Is Against Them, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- For Us, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- The Death of Stella D'Cruz1, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- If My Voice Is Not Reaching You, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- DE-HOLOCAUSTIZE THE SIX MILLION JEWS, alexander opicho
- Pen And Paper, ali chukwuemeka
- Decoy, Aftab Alam
- My plaints, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- The Blind's thought, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj