RIC S. BASTASA
Silhouette of pain
I was too young then
gazing at the door
when you promised
that you will come.
we co-authored love
and we parted.
you got married and
i got married too.
so many events make
us forget, our paths
did not cross.
i am getting older and
i sit on the same bed
gazing at the door when
it shall be opened again
hoping that it will be
your hands again.
i am a silhouette of pain.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silhouette of pain by RIC S. BASTASA )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)