Seasons Of Love
Our love was a love whispered in the winds of forever
like the rising sun on an eastern horizon
it marked the dawn of our tomorrows.
Then the dogwood trees spread its flower
as if promising a swift end to our winters
then morning birds' began to sing their sonnets
heralding in the spring and all it's blooms
even the fresh blooms of our love.
Then we bathed in the summer's warm radiance
as our two hearts aligned as one
they found a new harmonic beat
in tune with the carefree life under the sun.
Then hand in hand we watched
as nature's delicate brush painted the fall
in shades of reds and brown upon the trees
as we walked along the streets of our dreams.
We both knew the bouquet of leaves
would soon fall prey to autumn's wind
leaving a blank canvas for winter's snowy embrace
all to soon fall upon once again upon the limbs..
Time moved ever so slowly through the seasons of our love
as we together watched nature run its course
yet like all tomorrows ours was destined to become
just another yesterday that cycled into history.
For what once had a whisper of forever
to soon became a memory with winter's retreat
another sun set in the Western skies
a marvel beautifully marking yet another end.
Now I sit in the shade of an old willow
who weeps in tandem with a lonely poet
I hear the distant mournful melody
of the mocking bird as it mocks my songs of sorrow.
I know the winds of time will blow in
season after season
but it is the season of our love
that will be whispered in the winds
of my soul forever.
Joey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Seasons Of Love by Joey Jones )
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
- If it wasn't for country music, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Really Can't…, Md. Ziaul Haque
- We Hear but do We Listen?, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)