Seasons Of Love
Our love was a love whispered in the winds of forever
like the rising sun on an eastern horizon
it marked the dawn of our tomorrows.
Then the dogwood trees spread its flower
as if promising a swift end to our winters
then morning birds' began to sing their sonnets
heralding in the spring and all it's blooms
even the fresh blooms of our love.
Then we bathed in the summer's warm radiance
as our two hearts aligned as one
they found a new harmonic beat
in tune with the carefree life under the sun.
Then hand in hand we watched
as nature's delicate brush painted the fall
in shades of reds and brown upon the trees
as we walked along the streets of our dreams.
We both knew the bouquet of leaves
would soon fall prey to autumn's wind
leaving a blank canvas for winter's snowy embrace
all to soon fall upon once again upon the limbs..
Time moved ever so slowly through the seasons of our love
as we together watched nature run its course
yet like all tomorrows ours was destined to become
just another yesterday that cycled into history.
For what once had a whisper of forever
to soon became a memory with winter's retreat
another sun set in the Western skies
a marvel beautifully marking yet another end.
Now I sit in the shade of an old willow
who weeps in tandem with a lonely poet
I hear the distant mournful melody
of the mocking bird as it mocks my songs of sorrow.
I know the winds of time will blow in
season after season
but it is the season of our love
that will be whispered in the winds
of my soul forever.
Joey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Seasons Of Love by Joey Jones )
- ما كان ذنبي, قسطاكي الحمصي
- حديث النفس, قسطاكي الحمصي
- A fox in Leeds with unusual needs., Stephen Katona
- Concepts 27, Somanathan Iyer
- More Time, Babatunde Aremu
- The Daughter of the Earth - 30, gajanan mishra
- Last Farewell, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Travel China Haiku - Chengdu spices, john tiong chunghoo
- Travel China Haiku - - A wealthy China, john tiong chunghoo
- Autumnal, Lawrence Beck
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 9 - 1937)