RIC S. BASTASA
SCATTERED MORNING THOUGHTS
has already crowed many times
as i wake up early
i sum up a life.
your life and mine, we sum it up.
has the nights lied about who we are
behind our motives?
Love too has many faces
and it speaks in many mouths.
i sum up Love.
It is measureless, no exact dimensions. It is always
saying beautiful places for us.
a paradise. Where is it?
a bed. Is it cold now?
the roosters are crowing
they are not love songs anymore.
the nights has stars till morning.
we never notice anymore.
we walk in different directions.
we promise nothing.
It is always the sound of bus fading on the street
as it moves far away, far far away than we can with limits
The rain starts to pour. The roof is a chatter.
The oasis of silence is gone.
The journey of the camel has begun.
We take shelter in that departing kiss.
For onward we go, looking for the city of our lives.
Without maps and compass.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SCATTERED MORNING THOUGHTS by RIC S. BASTASA )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1923 - 1998)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS, Eugene W. Miller
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Coming Home, Slim Jay
- 'Words', Katherine York
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney