Same Old New Century
Twenty first century, so far,
The U.S. has done nothing more
Than bring home dead and living scar,
As the result of constant war.
We the People have gotten numb
To the whims of powers that be,
Making decisions that are dumb,
Squandering brave in land less free.
'National Security' is
The catchall excuse, now quite lame,
For government to do bad biz.
We let it happen - that's the shame.
Young men and women sent to fight
Old fools' wars - this is just not right.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Same Old New Century by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Rise of Fury, tolu ogundare
- I Feel Your Darkness, Lilly Emery
- Arabian sea., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Winter Walk..., Denis Martindale
- Year 3000 and Beyond (A Scientific Fores.., Jesus James Llorico
- When Dreams Come, Kyle Schlicher
- Horse of the Hot Bloods, tolu ogundare
- of my Pride, sEaN nOrTh
- My Eyes, Kyle Schlicher
- Big Ivory!, Denis Martindale