John Lars Zwerenz
Love the heart of all romance,
Must be of the sacred, laughing brook,
It must be of the eternal dance.
It must of her sable, dark look,
And of mine returning purity for purity.
Romance is love and love is romance.
It is of the azure, gleaming stream,
It is glory beyond all ecstasy.
It transcends all pines, all wines, all loftiness,
It is not a fabled, windy dream.
And when one is immersed in its ineffable caress,
When diamonds are donning her wedding dress,
The sun and the stars rise merely to greet
Yet another height where lips do meet.
John Lars Zwerenz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Romantic Love by John Lars Zwerenz )
- Identity Theft Is A Problem, Mariyah Mckaufman
- My Burning Feet, Cindy Howard
- Hands of labor, Nassy Fesharaki
- 강남오피 >>(밤의전쟁) << BAMWAR3.COM, sarah wight1
- Another Day With You, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Waiting for winter., David Lessard
- That Was Then..., David Lewis Paget
- There Are So Many Things..., Dr John Celes
- For Alex in Winter, Neal Beightol
- Last Words, Josilinia Plyman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)