John Lars Zwerenz
Love the heart of all romance,
Must be of the sacred, laughing brook,
It must be of the eternal dance.
It must of her sable, dark look,
And of mine returning purity for purity.
Romance is love and love is romance.
It is of the azure, gleaming stream,
It is glory beyond all ecstasy.
It transcends all pines, all wines, all loftiness,
It is not a fabled, windy dream.
And when one is immersed in its ineffable caress,
When diamonds are donning her wedding dress,
The sun and the stars rise merely to greet
Yet another height where lips do meet.
John Lars Zwerenz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Romantic Love by John Lars Zwerenz )
- With elegant grace she overflowed, Erato
- My Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Sealed, Valerie Dohren
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Ein schmaler Streifen kahler Klippen, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We've Got to Tear These Fences Down Yeah!, David Clinch
- It's My Home, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Identity, Cyrus Diaz
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Human Abstract, William Blake
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)