Riff on Johm McCullough's Fine Personal Calls
Oh telemarketer besiege my soul
Call me now as I grow old
I no longer can stand the silence
I have relied too much on self-reliance.
So call me and sell me your unneeded product
How its return of pleasure will be erotic
That what I never knew I really needed,
Will bring rewards expectations exceeded.
I sit with pleasure phone on speaker,
Glad to hear the girl from Topeka,
So friendly, concerned about my failing health,
Selling me by cordial stealth.
Are my vitamin needs being met?
Am I juicing daily with tumeric?
Have I heard of the miracle of copper bands?
The relief it brings to wrist and hands?
I particularly enjoy the pill pitch for sex,
The Indian girl must read from a text,
I keep her talking long on the phone,
I'm so lonely living all alone.
David McLansky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Riff on Johm McCullough's Fine Personal Calls by David McLansky )
Did you read them?
- Go boothward young doves, moez meftah
- To Someone Special On Poemhunter, Electric Lady
- Thank You: from a dear friend, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Memories, anthony john cerrito, sr.
- The Sea, Somasekar Sivaprakash
- Gods Revenge, Tango Tango
- 'Valerie', Katherine Nordhaus
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Madrigal Dedicated To An Angel., Marcondes Pereira
- Halloween, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Ithaca, Constantine P. Cavafy
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)