Someone lead me,
I need a leader.
I’m sick of being in charge.
Sick of being confident.
Sick of being positive.
Sick of being funny.
Sick of being deep.
Take my role for a change.
I perceive all of your options,
Now it’s your turn.
Protect me, be my guardian,
Tell me everything is okay.
I do it to you,
You owe me.
Fight off the negatives thoughts invading me as I do the same.
Be the oasis in the desert.
Be my leader for a change.
Christian Guild's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reverse Roles by Christian Guild )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- When Spring Goes By, Duncan Campbell Scott
- (955) Poverty (Acros.., Melvina Germain
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)