Retracing our steps
My fingers won't stop dancing on the keyboard until we get things right
We‘ve come this far to waste all we've labored for
May the labor of our heroes past never be in vain
How wasteful we've been with the resources our heroes labored for
How heartless we've been, for how are we going to continue on this path?
We've done nothing but to increase the pain and ache of our heroes' heart
Creating an atmosphere of inconvenience in the so called place of rest
Let's repent from our inhuman ways and embrace sanity
It's time to show humanity some respect, which she truly deserves.
Standing on the shoulders of our heroes past
Making them proud of us and wiping away their tears
Wiping away the long rolling tears
Replacing their hurts with elation
While making their labor a happy occupant of their memories.
Bamisaye Adeniran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Retracing our steps by Bamisaye Adeniran )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- ETC2, shuvo chakraborty
- A falling leaf, Manthra Hariharan
- Christmas Invite, Francisco R. Albano
- My Lord, abdulrazak aralimatti
- Jaundice jaundice, gajanan mishra
- Home coming, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Repetition Compulsion Syndrome, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- ETC1, shuvo chakraborty
- Gamble with faith, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Brain is the link., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.