Retracing our steps
My fingers won't stop dancing on the keyboard until we get things right
We‘ve come this far to waste all we've labored for
May the labor of our heroes past never be in vain
How wasteful we've been with the resources our heroes labored for
How heartless we've been, for how are we going to continue on this path?
We've done nothing but to increase the pain and ache of our heroes' heart
Creating an atmosphere of inconvenience in the so called place of rest
Let's repent from our inhuman ways and embrace sanity
It's time to show humanity some respect, which she truly deserves.
Standing on the shoulders of our heroes past
Making them proud of us and wiping away their tears
Wiping away the long rolling tears
Replacing their hurts with elation
While making their labor a happy occupant of their memories.
Bamisaye Adeniran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Retracing our steps by Bamisaye Adeniran )
- Splendour, Robin Skyrde
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz