“Redemption” does it come with a sell by date!
If it does I fear I’m already too late!
See I’ve done my bit of blasphemy disrespectfully
But I’ve turned over a new leaf - oddly.
So, I query my past transgressions in earnest:
I’ve made many mistakes and was never ablest.
Does “redemption” have its own lock and key?
I know the jailer looking in the mirror is me.
A two edge sword is each personality,
Forgiveness is a fine bottled whisky.
Once you’ve open it you want to drink it dry,
Limits forgot then your ego, you espy.
Like sailors after an arduous journey,
On their shore leave winking at the honeys going by.
I ask myself is it a port in a storm…
This “redemption” why, does it leave me lukewarm!
I guess I don’t have it, and never will,
Walk in the strait-path of this obscure treadmill.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Redemption by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Postcard For The Tin Soldier In Tintypes.., mary douglas
- I Submit, I Am Krakatoa
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What to tell, hasmukh amathalal
- HAPPINESS, LIFE & LOVE, Tom Zart
- Born Again, Tony Adah