Suzanna C Chevalier
RED EYED SNAKE
Poison in our head
makes the red eyed
snake awake from its bed.
Yes, the snake that feeds on
your negative thoughts
makes you think “their out to get you”
even when they’re not.
It all started in childhood
when you heard the words
“Don’t, your bad, and you should.”
Yes, the evil seed is planted then
making your mind your foe not your friend.
So with emotions controlling your mind
you lose control and wrapped up in twine.
Twine of the snake who controls you with poison
like a drug you have not chosen.
Once you become consciously aware
Then you can change your fate if you dare.
Written by Suzanna C Chevalier on May 24,2011
Suzanna C Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (RED EYED SNAKE by Suzanna C Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- It Is Beautiful To Act Like A Sattagerin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minimalism, Adonis Enricuso
- Treasure Box, Adonis Enricuso
- Palestine; We Let You Down, Guess Who
- Por-por Chha Gaya Basant, Upendra Singh
- The love song, binod bastola
- de tijd, ko the skipper
- A big thanks poem..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Not the One, Dean Meredith
- Bobwhite Calling, Kyle Schlicher