Suzanna C Chevalier
RED EYED SNAKE
Poison in our head
makes the red eyed
snake awake from its bed.
Yes, the snake that feeds on
your negative thoughts
makes you think “their out to get you”
even when they’re not.
It all started in childhood
when you heard the words
“Don’t, your bad, and you should.”
Yes, the evil seed is planted then
making your mind your foe not your friend.
So with emotions controlling your mind
you lose control and wrapped up in twine.
Twine of the snake who controls you with poison
like a drug you have not chosen.
Once you become consciously aware
Then you can change your fate if you dare.
Written by Suzanna C Chevalier on May 24,2011
Suzanna C Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (RED EYED SNAKE by Suzanna C Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Look East (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- Homage to the Korean Comfort Women (Regi.., Ronald Chapman
- cos the blues, ' TAKES ' - redline bluel.., sEaN nOrTh
- Emptiness, Ronald Chapman
- A Wonder to be Seen on the Han River (Re.., Ronald Chapman
- A Moment's pause, David Whalen
- Almost Forever, Ronald Chapman
- Ice Queen - Yuna Kim Homage (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- lower case is better because it's not tr.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Forever Looking For Love, Ronald Chapman