RAINBOW FOR MY GRANDAUGHTER Sarahi
I said to
who was seeing
for the first time
and she pointed at the
she spoke to the
until it was gone
but the child kept looking at the sky
to see a
for the first time.
M.L. Squier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (RAINBOW FOR MY GRANDAUGHTER Sarahi by M.L. Squier )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(18 November 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Gerard Manley Hopkins
(28 July 1844 – 8 June 1889)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- My Hometown, Ray Hansell
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The law of these times, Ravikumar C.P.
- So Many Minds Are Left Fractured, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Mystic Blake, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Today's World, Leong Ming Loong
- Thoughts in the Moonlight, Luo Zhihai
- Tales Of A Wife: Honeymoon, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Guard well, gajanan mishra
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.