Dr John Celes
Quote Prompt: Love is Greatest When Separation is Most!
As years roll on and childhood disappears,
The lovely time we spent in parents’ home
Must end, as each one separates to start
A family unit own –a unique nest!
Caught ’midst problems galore in life’s doldrums,
We hardly find the time to talk to all
Our siblings, parents, friends and relatives,
Immersed in rearing children, of our own.
Sometimes, we stay abroad to earn fat sums,
And leave our children in our parents’ care,
And time flies on when turn they elderly,
And yet, we can’t reciprocate their love.
Our parents old are left in hands of fate!
Bereft of love and words from kith and kin,
They spent their lives in solitude for years,
With not a soul to tend to them when sick!
Oh, what a cruel world for elderly!
The father bird dies followed by his she!
For family’s wealth, there is a tussle strange;
Both souls are gone to rest in peace for now!
The absent souls had done their mite with might;
The children now regret their loving loss;
Their memories haunt night and day, all life;
But lives lost once cannot return at all!
The fondness grows into a fountain big;
They could have loved their parents when alive;
What use is heart afilled with love to brim,
If one can’t say a word of enquiry!
The fondness turns into a yearning stage;
All you can do even now is to pray
To God, to grant perpetual light to them
To shine, and take them to His own Abode!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Quote Prompt: Love is Greatest When Separation is Most! by Dr John Celes )
- Sheep of yesterday, today and ever..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Money plays, hasmukh amathalal
- Thinking's Mates, michael walkerjohn
- translate button on blouse, Havilah
- BEAUTY, BUT NOT BEAUTIFUL, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Beauty Of Song, Eve Carter
- WHINING FAITH, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Savoring Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Integrity, Hans Raj Sharma
- In The Bosom of The Fire Is The Mystery, Little Eagle McGowan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)