Oh come and rescue me, God,
Yahweh come quickly and help me!
Shame and dishonour on those
who are out to kill me!
Down with them! Disgrace on those
who enjoy my misfortune!
May they be aghast with shame,
those who say to me, 'Aha! Aha! '
But joy and gladness
for all who seek You!
To all who love Your saving power
give constant cause to say, 'God is great! '
To me, poor wretch,
come quickly, God!
My helper, my saviour, Yahweh,
come without delay!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Psalm 70 by Justin Reamer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I burped after I wrote this, Jena Crowe
- REMOVE Jefferson Carter, Richard Thripp
- Damned if I do damned if you don't, Mark Heathcote
- Black Gloves, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Even though late, hasmukh amathalal
- What a curtain Bisbee has, Amy Michelle Mosier
- The Shockers, Sandra Feldman
- Rather than talking to walls, Amy Michelle Mosier
- July 11,1991, Amy Michelle Mosier
- Like a sparkling Roman candle, Amy Michelle Mosier