RIC S. BASTASA
NOW i am very careful about my pronouns,
I've been hiding from myself and from you.
You are what i have concealed from the rest
of my humanity. You are an ambiguity that
must remain in that timelessness of a pronoun.
They can be annoying. They are sometimes
dictating how to be us, this I in you, and this
You in me. Nevertheless, in the pursuit of pleasure,
perhaps at first, and then in the fulfillment of love
later, if this be love in fact, then we can get rid,
of the senselessness of our masks in grammar
and syntax. There will be a time when i will
use your name and then put it beside mine.
They will protest. They will continue making the
But You and I, and Us, have already made it
from desire, to love, to forever, or if fate is not
in our favor, then....death.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (PRONOUNS by RIC S. BASTASA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Truth is supreme, gajanan mishra
- Photograph from September 11, Wislawa Szymborska
- A stain..., GRANT FRASER
- buzz be what?, Mandolyn ...
- The Cat, Novica Tadić
- Singing in the Shower, Joan Goodwin
- Pappou Elia's Poem - No Rhyme, Elia Michael
- Night Sonnet, Novica Tadić
- Asperger's is not a curse - it is just a.., Richard Allen Beevor
- Knives, Dreams, Novica Tadić