RIC S. BASTASA
NOW i am very careful about my pronouns,
I've been hiding from myself and from you.
You are what i have concealed from the rest
of my humanity. You are an ambiguity that
must remain in that timelessness of a pronoun.
They can be annoying. They are sometimes
dictating how to be us, this I in you, and this
You in me. Nevertheless, in the pursuit of pleasure,
perhaps at first, and then in the fulfillment of love
later, if this be love in fact, then we can get rid,
of the senselessness of our masks in grammar
and syntax. There will be a time when i will
use your name and then put it beside mine.
They will protest. They will continue making the
But You and I, and Us, have already made it
from desire, to love, to forever, or if fate is not
in our favor, then....death.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (PRONOUNS by RIC S. BASTASA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- How Long iS yOUr List of Should?, Monk E. Biz
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra
- An Agonizing Cry, Valsa George
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Courage, Lilly Emery
- Bijay Kant Dubey An Expert on Jayanta Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Living ‘In Fear' of The Lord, Brian Johnston
- what now?, cece rodriguez