Politicians may know the facts,
But pick and choose just how to use.
And in fact, pick up knicks and knacks,
In truth with lies, sorely abuse.
'The rich' are cast as villains vile.
The bad of them 'gainst good of us.
Such cast calls ever work to rile
Masses into a frenzied fuss.
The aim's not truth, the goal's to win.
Winners will make any means right.
Make up the message to sell in
A bumper sticker and sound byte.
The truth is that in politics,
The lies do make the winning mix.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Professional Liars by Ima Ryma )
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell