Politicians may know the facts,
But pick and choose just how to use.
And in fact, pick up knicks and knacks,
In truth with lies, sorely abuse.
'The rich' are cast as villains vile.
The bad of them 'gainst good of us.
Such cast calls ever work to rile
Masses into a frenzied fuss.
The aim's not truth, the goal's to win.
Winners will make any means right.
Make up the message to sell in
A bumper sticker and sound byte.
The truth is that in politics,
The lies do make the winning mix.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Professional Liars by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- (1) The Ceaseless Waves of Sorrow, Uriah Hamilton
- An Ode to a Toad Named Frank, Susan Sparks
- The Path, Deepak Hariharan
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)