Dr. Yogesh Sharma
Prayer To New Regime
Where merit is not trampled and ruling chief is not worshipped;
Where dealers of terror do not assault the pride of freedoms:
Where existence is not fixed to the whims of advocates,
Where vultures of hate do not rove around.
Where the cactus of disgrace does not flourish,
Where the corrupt hands do not defile the national assets:
Where the cadaver dives back through the womb,
Where but the dead can kiss the not yet born.
Where space is not gloomy between a start and a finish,
Where passers by are not fiery and mad like the rough roads;
Where mothers do not kill their child before it ever was born,
Where never to be deliver daughter, so mad in ways.
Just like a balm that cures or a needle that repairs,
A friend that remains dear than any brother,
Very honest and not the same as earlier,
Nation can depend on you to answer when she calls.
Where the dreams of youth do not cease flowing,
Where gloom does not silence hope in the din of empty slogans,
Where masses believe in you and stand in safe side,
Where You usher in new light; wonderful and bright.
Aura of your honesty inhibits in the streets of nation,
Under the border-less sky; lofty, pleasing, unique and enthralling.
Where the lass moves without fear and hammer justice hit for all,
Where domain of yours, assures a reassuring forte for lines I write.
Dr. Yogesh Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Prayer To New Regime by Dr. Yogesh Sharma )
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Boy vs girl, Mark Heathcote
- remplaçable, Lubinda Lubinda
- Human Nature, Merton Lee
- Those Moments Of Weakness لحظات الضعف هذه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Two Little Boats, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI