Dr. Yogesh Sharma
Prayer To New Regime
Where merit is not trampled and ruling chief is not worshipped;
Where dealers of terror do not assault the pride of freedoms:
Where existence is not fixed to the whims of advocates,
Where vultures of hate do not rove around.
Where the cactus of disgrace does not flourish,
Where the corrupt hands do not defile the national assets:
Where the cadaver dives back through the womb,
Where but the dead can kiss the not yet born.
Where space is not gloomy between a start and a finish,
Where passers by are not fiery and mad like the rough roads;
Where mothers do not kill their child before it ever was born,
Where never to be deliver daughter, so mad in ways.
Just like a balm that cures or a needle that repairs,
A friend that remains dear than any brother,
Very honest and not the same as earlier,
Nation can depend on you to answer when she calls.
Where the dreams of youth do not cease flowing,
Where gloom does not silence hope in the din of empty slogans,
Where masses believe in you and stand in safe side,
Where You usher in new light; wonderful and bright.
Aura of your honesty inhibits in the streets of nation,
Under the border-less sky; lofty, pleasing, unique and enthralling.
Where the lass moves without fear and hammer justice hit for all,
Where domain of yours, assures a reassuring forte for lines I write.
Dr. Yogesh Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Prayer To New Regime by Dr. Yogesh Sharma )
- পড়, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Boy And A Frog (kids stuff), Sally Plumb Plumb
- Haiku- Obsession, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Playing With Fire, Evie Shockley
- Doing Time, Betsy Sholl
- ordeal, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Innovative way, hasmukh amathalal
- Haiku- Connotation, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Silent Witness, James coupland
- A happy Farmer Family, Nishchal Ningleku
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)