Dr. Yogesh Sharma
Prayer To New Regime
Where merit is not trampled and ruling chief is not worshipped;
Where dealers of terror do not assault the pride of freedoms:
Where existence is not fixed to the whims of advocates,
Where vultures of hate do not rove around.
Where the cactus of disgrace does not flourish,
Where the corrupt hands do not defile the national assets:
Where the cadaver dives back through the womb,
Where but the dead can kiss the not yet born.
Where space is not gloomy between a start and a finish,
Where passers by are not fiery and mad like the rough roads;
Where mothers do not kill their child before it ever was born,
Where never to be deliver daughter, so mad in ways.
Just like a balm that cures or a needle that repairs,
A friend that remains dear than any brother,
Very honest and not the same as earlier,
Nation can depend on you to answer when she calls.
Where the dreams of youth do not cease flowing,
Where gloom does not silence hope in the din of empty slogans,
Where masses believe in you and stand in safe side,
Where You usher in new light; wonderful and bright.
Aura of your honesty inhibits in the streets of nation,
Under the border-less sky; lofty, pleasing, unique and enthralling.
Where the lass moves without fear and hammer justice hit for all,
Where domain of yours, assures a reassuring forte for lines I write.
Dr. Yogesh Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Prayer To New Regime by Dr. Yogesh Sharma )
- Dreamology, Sandra Feldman
- Till last time, hasmukh amathalal
- no blue/no green, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- leave, Vanessa Parodia
- Two Books For Each Person, Is It Poetry
- Moment, Vanessa Parodia
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)