Dr. Yogesh Sharma
Prayer To New Regime
Where merit is not trampled and ruling chief is not worshipped;
Where dealers of terror do not assault the pride of freedoms:
Where existence is not fixed to the whims of advocates,
Where vultures of hate do not rove around.
Where the cactus of disgrace does not flourish,
Where the corrupt hands do not defile the national assets:
Where the cadaver dives back through the womb,
Where but the dead can kiss the not yet born.
Where space is not gloomy between a start and a finish,
Where passers by are not fiery and mad like the rough roads;
Where mothers do not kill their child before it ever was born,
Where never to be deliver daughter, so mad in ways.
Just like a balm that cures or a needle that repairs,
A friend that remains dear than any brother,
Very honest and not the same as earlier,
Nation can depend on you to answer when she calls.
Where the dreams of youth do not cease flowing,
Where gloom does not silence hope in the din of empty slogans,
Where masses believe in you and stand in safe side,
Where You usher in new light; wonderful and bright.
Aura of your honesty inhibits in the streets of nation,
Under the border-less sky; lofty, pleasing, unique and enthralling.
Where the lass moves without fear and hammer justice hit for all,
Where domain of yours, assures a reassuring forte for lines I write.
Dr. Yogesh Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Prayer To New Regime by Dr. Yogesh Sharma )
- Gigh Anamur n UmaDal, Mohamed Mahou
- -Silent Became My Walking Shadow-, Ali Sabry
- - I Wish You Weren't In-, Ali Sabry
- - Princes Was A Dream Girl Day and Night-, Ali Sabry
- - Hurtful Interaction-, Ali Sabry
- - Please My Lovely Lady Don't Leave Lone.., Ali Sabry
- - My heart loves you -, Ali Sabry
- Floppy, Sidi J. Mahtrow
- -I Do Not Only Loving You-, Ali Sabry
- -How Can I Sleep Honey & I Left You Lone.., Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Woman's Last Word, Robert Browning
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)