Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
Poems In Blank Verse
I have always written my Poems
In Verses that do Rhyme and Scan,
Now I have discovered I can write,
Blank Verse with no Rhyme ~ but with Scan.
Words they stream into my Mind,
As line-by-line and word-by-word,
Onto this pad they get written,
At four twenty in the morn ~ fast and slow.
Besides the pain in my left leg,
Was it also hunger that awoke me,
Two glasses of milk I have taken
And now I am ready for my bed.
But, will I sleep ~ LORD will YOU let me?
I shall always acknowledge YOU,
Please let me rest my body,
And delay the words YOU are sending me anew.
Another cup of milk and I rest my pen,
Back to bed to rest my soul,
Give it back to me when I awaken,
Hopefully in the morn after ten.
Copyright [c] Jonathan Goldman [JGthepoet] - 23 July 2014
Topic of this poem: blank verse
Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poems In Blank Verse by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Poem of the Day
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak