saadat tahir (21011965 / Islamabad-Pakistan)
Phuphi Dee Takore … … 2408-2k13
O’ you my darling from back home pind
khadee si qasm, sara tun love and apni jind
oh my countrymen poor souls ki jano tussi
have no idea kinj twadey tuon qismat russi
nai terey kan de crawled kadee vi joun
running in life like paainja and his roun
now sitting in far off lands bhul gaye sabb
your sochan are split your auladan may rub
na majj na chapper na baghla na daddoo
tell me fer, without all this, what they’ll do
na madani na chabee na he gongloo
oh my lawrence and also koi ni khooo
look closely aithey kinnyean warean thing
how the toobe well tuk tuk and bird he sing
she is majh... in vilage of punjab de thee
and you are saying that you didant see
maybe phuoreee and this the also black
be careful with her sing; when she attack
this da madanee and lacha kuree wear
khussa te chooree also maindee so dear
saje and khabe moving adh rirka she make
a product of chatee better than milkshake
where the swad of lassi and amb da achar
hakim ji di purree when sir peer ya bukhar
gone is gudee jairee katti hoyee patang
goreean gallan te golden waal tery sang
sure machar and makhee and kaada is more
mashter ji di phaintee also phuphi di takore
may go to Paris or NY ya fer London ya more
jgrji remember wada sher is always be Lhoare.
Poet Other Poems
- A Date with mem-Sahib...History with che...
- A Life Went Wrong.......the denial of li...
- A Place called HOME......the eldely infi...
- A spur of the moment challenge.... :)
- A Stretch in the Park
- A thousand wishes so…(T) 1711**
- A walk with maid Merriam.....merry with ...
- Across The Graveyard, A Wind Flays
- Again and again......(Lothario's lisp)
- Al-Ghadafa! ….2502 (in support of the Li...
- Along a wandering wind… 2903-2k13
- Amidst infernos ablaze….0701-2k12
- Anathema.......racist chisms
- Angel feet….1907
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
A hybrid fun poem.... about nostalgic scenes from Pakistani village life from decades back... added some swipes at expatriate life and dilemmas there in.
the poem is in PUN'glish... :)
Punjabi and English are freely mixed to deliver the desired effect, but will have a limited audience due to this constraint.