On Going to Sleep
The bottle of my daily dreams
Lies empty of its waking themes:
No more dreams of love and beauty;
No more dreams of civic duty;
No more dreams of gaudy wealth;
No more dreams of books on shelf;
I drank the last dream in despair,
My body broke beyond repair.
Now I sit and watch t.v.
The world it simply love not me;
I should have been a guru swami,
Flower decked in South Miami,
Smiling at some doting youth,
Pretending that I knew some truth
David McLansky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Going to Sleep by David McLansky )
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley