O Spirit of the Living God
O Spirit of the living God,
In all Thy plenitude of grace,
Where’er the foot of man hath trod,
Descend on our apostate race.
Give tongues of fire and hearts of love
To preach the reconciling Word,
Give power and unction from above,
Whene’er the joyful sound is heard.
Be darkness, at Thy coming, light;
Confusion, order in Thy path;
Souls without strength inspire with might;
Bid mercy triumph over wrath.
O Spirit of the Lord, prepare
All the round earth her God to meet;
Breathe Thou abroad like morning air,
Till hearts of stone begin to beat.
Baptize the nations; far and nigh
The triumphs of the cross record;
The Name of Jesus glorify,
Till every kindred call Him Lord.
God from eternity hath willed
All flesh shall His salvation see:
So be the Father’s love fulfilled,
The Savior’s sufferings crowned through Thee.
James Montgomery's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (O Spirit of the Living God by James Montgomery )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Does He Think Of Me, Brianna Kimball
- Live the life king size, hasmukh amathalal
- Tropic Interlude, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The Bear and the Crow, Stephen Katona
- Still exist, hasmukh amathalal
- INCONSTANT LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HAIKU...The Good Die Young, Ken e Hall
- I Know, Lyn Paul
- Those Who Know, Monk E. Biz
- peaches on the side, Mandolyn ...