O Poor People
Let us invoke a healthy heart-breaking
Towards the horrible world:
Let us say 0 poor people
How can they help being so absurd,
Misguided, abused, misled?
With unsifted saving graces jostling about
On a mucky medley of needs,
Like love-lit shit,
Year after cyclic year
The unidentifiable flying god is missed.
Emotions sit in their heads disguised as judges,
Or are twisted to look like mathematical formulae,
And only a scarce god-given scientist notices
His trembling lip melting the heart of the rat.
Whoever gave us the idea somebody loved us?
Far in our wounded depths faint memories cry,
A vision flickers below subliminally
But immanence looms unbearably: TURN IT OFF! they hiss.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (O Poor People by Elizabeth Smart )
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher
- Get Back To Those Books, Ronell Warren Alman
- Llama Looks Up, Warren Falcon
- Mad Cow Gelatin, Saiom Shriver
- My Wish One Day, But..., Luis Estable
- Now That I Love You, abigail sikwenda
- AMALFI COAST, Elia Michael
- My Lover`s Lips Are Honey, Luis Estable