No Dream Holiday
We will drive to a seaside cottage
But hush, say not one word.
We will join our hands in harmony
Wedded bliss is great I've heard.
A sweet little cottage I have seen
Down the lane near the elder-tree
Come hither my gallant handsome one
Throw caution to the winds and sea.
But we know this is just imagination,
a mixture of magic and fantasy.
For you are in love with a pretty lady
And I've heard wedded bliss is ecstasy.
I'll stay here in awe of you dear.
I will re-vamp my room all alone,
Maybe next year will bring good cheer
And we'll 'push the boat over the foam'.
Joyce Hemsley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Dream Holiday by Joyce Hemsley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Crowd, Tony Adah
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA
- to live in the kingdom of the clouds, RIC S. BASTASA
- but always remember no one owns it, RIC S. BASTASA
- Diaris Godoooo!, Rex mayor Ubini