Marina Ivanovna Tsvetaeva
Over meadow stands new moon,
Over boundary of dew.
Come, we'll make a friend of you,
Dear, distant, alien.
In the day I hide, am quiet.
Moon above - I have no might!
I rush on this lunar night
To the shoulder of beloved.
I'll never ask me, 'Who's he?'
All to know, your lips will say!
Hugs are rude but in the day,
In the day the fit is funny.
In the day, torn by a demon proud,
With a smile on lips I lie.
Night, though.. Darling, far away..
Crescent stands above the wood!
Marina Ivanovna Tsvetaeva's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (New Moon by Marina Ivanovna Tsvetaeva )
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- It Is Called Time, Naveed Akram
- Ethical living., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Dolce Vita, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Aapko Dekh Kavita Likhne Ki Eccha Hoti H.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Poem, John Gray
- Labor as a Tulip, Karen Volkman
- Sprig of Lilac, Hyam Plutzik
- O Foreigner Girl, Say You What Is My Rel.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cold, Luo Zhihai
- LOVE STORY, Eugene Latumbo